The Daylight Solutions Core Technology
Daylight Solutions is the world leader in Quantum Cascade Laser (QCL) based molecular detection and imaging systems. The company pioneered the commercialization of QCLs by combining QC gain media with our patented External Cavity Quantum Cascade Laser (ECqcL™) technology. The result was a robust, broadly tunable or fixed wavelength mid-infrared (mid-IR) laser source.
Daylight Solutions is now the premiere manufacturer of components, subsystems, and systems for sensors and high power illuminators in the mid-IR spectrum. The company earned its leadership role by bringing together experts from related disciplines and integrating technologies through applied research and development while maintaining a focus on scalable manufacturability.
- QC gain media advanced through collaborative research efforts with our partners, and made commercially viable through patented die attach and packaging technology.
- Anti-Reflective (AR) coatings developed specifically for QC gain media and mid-IR fibers.
- Advanced, miniature aspheric lenses that enable micro-optic packaging and diffraction-limited performance in the mid-IR.
- Telecom-style packaging technology adapted to enable robust, miniaturized modules that function as flexible platforms for a variety of OEM applications.
- Broadly tunable mid-infrared laser sources based on our patented external cavity technology (ECqcL™). Our laser sources are tunable up to 25% of their center wavelengths, or 300cm-1 in pulsed or continuous wave (CW) mode. Sources are also available with up to 150cm-1 tunability in Mode-Hop Free (MHF) operation.
For a further description of Quantum Cascade history, performance, use external cavity design and applications, please visit our QCL technology page.
Daylight Solutions leverages its core technologies to deliver commercial- and military-grade system-level solutions for markets that include Scientific Research, Medical Diagnostics, Environmental and Industrial Monitoring, and Defense. The company’s patented designs, coupled with its advanced manufacturing processes, ensure robustness and reliability with 1,000 to 10,000 hours of real-time operation.
February 6, 2009
Daylight Solutions Wins National Award for Innovation
POWAY, Calif., Feb 06, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) - Daylight Solutions is pleased to announce that on Wednesday, January 28, 2009, the company was presented with a 2008 Prism Award. The Prism Awards recognize the best in innovative technology within the multi-billion dollar photonics industry. Daylight Solutions received a Prism Award in the Laser category for its broadly tunable, CW Mode-hop-free laser system.
March 8, 2017
Daylight Solutions Signs Definitive Agreement With Leonardo DRS
Daylight Solutions, Inc. (Daylight), a world leader in mid-infrared lasers and systems based on its proprietary quantum cascade laser (QCL) technologies, along with Leonardo S.p.A, through its U.S. subsidiary Leonardo DRS, announced today that they have signed a definitive acquisition agreement in which Leonardo DRS will pay $150 million USD to obtain 100% of the equity of Daylight Solutions.
March 7, 2017
Leonardo is growing in the USA with the acquisition of Daylight Solutions
Leonardo, through the US subsidiary Leonardo DRS, has signed a definitive agreement to purchase Daylight Solutions, Inc., a leading developer and supplier of quantum cascade laser products and technology.
March 6, 2017
A breakthrough in chemical imaging technology expands pharmaceutical analysis capabilities while simplifying the workflow
Daylight Solutions announces the release of the Spero-QT infrared microscope at Pittcon 2017 in Chicago, IL. The Spero-QT is the second generation of high-performance infrared chemical imaging microscopes offered by Daylight Solutions, the leading provider of quantum cascade lasers (QCL) and QCL-based analytical instruments. The Spero-QT shares the wide-field, high-resolution and real-time chemical imaging capabilities of its ground-breaking predecessor but can now produce twice the data