The Mid-Infrared Laser: A Future-Proof Technology
In 2005, Daylight Solutions pioneered the commercialization of quantum cascade lasers (QCL) by combining QC gain media with our patented External Cavity QCL™ technology. The result was a robust, broadly tunable or fixed wavelength mid-infrared laser source. We earned a leadership role by bringing together experts from related disciplines and integrating technologies through applied research and development while maintaining a focus on scalable manufacturability. We are now the world leader in QCL-based molecular detection and imaging systems.
DRS Daylight Solutions manufactures components, subsystems, and systems for sensors and high-power illuminators in the mid- IR spectrum, using core technologies including:
- QC gain media, advanced through collaborative research efforts with our partners and made commercially viable through patented die attach and packaging technology
- Anti-reflective coatings, developed specifically for QC gain media and mid-IR fibers
- Miniature aspheric lenses, enabling advanced micro-optic packaging and diffraction-limited performance in the mid- IR spectrum
- Telecom-style packaging technology, adapted to enable robust, miniaturized modules that function as flexible platforms for a variety of OEM applications
- Broadly tunable mid-infrared laser sources, based on our patented ECqcL technology and tunable up to 25% of their center wavelengths, or 300 cm-1, in pulsed or continuous wave mode. Sources are also available with tunability up to 150 cm-1 in mode-hop-free operation.
Our patented designs and advanced manufacturing processes ensure robustness and reliability, with 1,000 to 10,000 hours of real-time operation. We leverage our core technologies to deliver commercial- and military-grade system-level solutions for these applications and others:
DRS Daylight Solutions customers enjoy a competitive advantage in their respective markets because of our future-proof technology and the collaborative, problem-solving partnerships we establish with them.
Interested in our capabilities? Let’s talk.
Want to learn more about how our laser technology can elevate your project? Tell us about it. We’ll be in touch right away.
"*" indicates required fields